When will the NBN be available to me?
With the NBN rollout making its way around Australia, many Australians have questions about when they will receive it and how it can benefit them. In most cases, the NBN will first need to lay fibre throughout your area and then directly to residential or business properties. It is estimated the NBN rollout will take 10 years to be completed nationwide but right now there are already thousands of households and businesses around Australia connected or eligible for connection.
Is the NBN available in my area?
Check out the NBN’s rollout plan to find out if you can be connected today, or when the rollout will reach your area: www.nbnco.com.au/rollout/rollout-map.html
For all you need to know about the NBN you can also visit their website at www.nbnco.com.au
Select Maximum Speed
* These are the nominal NBN access port speeds, and are not necessarily indicative of actual Internet data transfer speeds - learn more about NBN Fibre speeds and performance.
* Please note: 100Mbps/40Mbps plans are not available on Fixed Wireless.
* Off-peak is between midnight and 8am Australian Eastern Standard Time.
* Shaped to 256k when quota is exhausted for time periods where data limits apply
Is this your first time connecting to NBN?
NBN Compatible Router - To use broadband you'll need a NBN compatible modem, which is the device that connects you to the Internet. If you're coming from an existing provider your current modem may be compatible, or NuSkope can supply a pre-configure modem.
Important information for NBN customers on Fibre using our IP Phone Service
- Power dependency of NBN services
- Services offered over the NBN network will not operate unless:
- NBN's network termination device and any customer equipment that relies on mains power (for example, gateways, modems, routers and VOIP Adaptor) have a backup power source such as battery backup.
- Without a battery backup power source, you will be unable to make and receive voice calls, including to emergency services.
- NuSkope’s service does not include a battery backup power supply for either NBN's network or any customer equipment used and the service will not operate in a power outage.
New Developments Charge
Effective 1 April 2016, the $300 New Development Fee is charged for all nbn(tm) broadband connections in the following circumstances:
- The first connection at a premises in a newly developed area i.e. a suburb with no pre-existing telecommunications infrastructure.
- The first connection(s) at a premises in an establish area in the rare instance that a developer has increased the number of dwellings on the same plot of land e.g. demolished a single house and built a block of units.
- Once the MDF has been charged at an address, it will not be charged again for subsequent connections, provided the number of dwellings at that address has not increased.
|Other Potential Costs|
|Plan Change (Data Limit)||Nuskope allows you to change your plan data limit (taking effect at next billing month). You have the freedom to change to any of our plans within the same speed profile.||$0.00|
|Plan Change (Speed Profile)||You can to change your plan speed profile (taking effect at next billing month) There is a small fee to process this.||$15.00|
|Non Standard Installation||This will be quoted by NBNCo||POA|
|Wireless Router||If you want a Wireless Router for your home network, allowing you to connect computers and phones wirelessly Nuskope can install one for you.||$99.95|
|Relocation||A relocation fee applies if you wish to move your service to another location. It's important to note that Nuskope cannot guarantee the availability of a service at any residence, however we will test availability upon request.||$99.95|
|Maximum Early Termination Charge||With contract options, you pay a reduced setup charge for your service; but you are liable for an early cancellation charge if you cancel your service during the contract period.
This is now known as the maximum early termination charge
|Withdrawal of Order||If you cancel your order, after we have already processed it to NBN, but before it has been provisioned||$90.00|